Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Father Time

After the bustling crowd at Marina Square, i requested for a quiet dinner after we dropped my brother off. So we headed to Dempsey with a good steak in mind. After we parked the car and walked right into CA California and the cold air blistering our skins, a warm pasta seemed a lot more inviting than a good steak. So we ordered a hearty tomato soup, steak sandwich, turkey ham pasta and accompanying wines. At an affordable rate, i didn't expect anything beyond the norm, but the food surprised us greatly. The hearty tomato soup was filled with carrots, zucchini and tomato chunks, the steak sandwich was tasty and my pasta had hand pulled turkey ham and mushrooms that was accompanied by a rose wine that served in addition to warm my stomach with the freshly cooked pasta. Albeit i was lucky as they had just finished their pasta and i had to wait just that bit more to get freshly cooked food. The food was well portioned, so we had enough space to have 2 cakes, a mango raspberry slice & a hot fudge mud pie. Yummilicious, remember all this was in quiet (ok lah there was a Korean family that sat directly behind us, but they weren't coarse and rowdy) with the cold winds stinging our skin. I don't think i can ask for more. We headed over to Dome for a cup of long black and a pot of green tea. I think the 2 hour dinner has already made my one week leave well worth it.

Add that my family is out of town, jon is over to stay to hug me to bed in the cold nights. No work to look forward to, no clients that'll hassle me. Luxury of time to do the things i want to do at my own pace. I think that is all i truly want.

Unknown at 12:22 am