Sunday, August 23, 2009

Social Consciousness

This morning Jon and I headed for breakfast at Maxwell market so that he could grab some soup to make his flu like symptoms better. On the way there we met a very disciplined and polite BMW M5 driver. Usually the drivers of the M5 tend to fall within a classification - yuppies. And since they now have a powerful machine in their hands that seem to justify their superiority to the general populus, they also tend to wield it with the same way they treat the rest of the populus - with scorn and little respect. So imagine my surprise when this driver, from behind me, signaled left to get out of my lane to overtake me, signaled right to get in front of me, all in a very controlled manner. None of those reckless i wanna eat you up you slowpoke kinda behavior. So since i was being overtaken i went along my slow-poke ways til we neared the CTE exit at Merchant Court, where somehow i had ended up in front of him due to a lane closure. So from the first lane, i see him signal left to cut to the 2nd lane, and then turn off signals and signaled left again til he reached the 4th lane to exit. As the initial part of the exit also

Unknown at 10:40 pm