Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reflections

Haven't blogged in ages, neither have i sat down to properly collect my thoughts to write into a post. Now my thoughts are regurgitated on a daily basis at the end of the day with Jon. Maybe it'll be good to start blogging on a more regular basis again.

Recently i've seen some of my jewelry crafting contemporaries moving ahead of me in terms of materials usage, pricing of jewelry. While mine is still more or less similar to when i first started. Soemtimes i feel sad that i'm not moving within the league at the same pace, but work does consume a fair bit of my time. But working in my industry does have it's perks, at least now i know where i can improve on and how to improve, while previously it'll be a scatter brained attempt in guessing as well as just thinking that oh that'll be sufficient afterall i'm just a crafter. Now i know better.

Sometimes i complain about my client's bad habits, but i'm equally like that when i'm handling my shop. Once in a while i wonder if i'm being too hard on them and not understanding enough of their situations. Sure we're dealing with at least 6-digit budgets, while mine is most probably 3-digit, but some of the problems they face are kinda similar. Although more so for me, since i have to fork out the money and make sure i have that kind of money in the bank.

Realities sink in huh.

Unknown at 9:55 pm